Being happy never goes out of style.

By | 5:19 PM
“Being happy never goes out of style.”



            When you read the tittle, you might think that this is one more of those “cliché” posts that will tell and demand you to be happy. Well, you are absolutely right. Besides my passion for beauty and makeup, I live obsessed trying to find what I think not enough people want, happiness. I only have 19 years but I think I’ve lived almost half of it in pain, and not physically. Your first thought I know is going to be, “how dramatic and selfish is this girl.” Perhaps I can tell you a little about myself before, so you can understand my obsession with happiness. I have lived four main events in my life that changed me drastically. Bellow I will list them…
1.)       At my 10 yrs- Cancer, Hodgkin’s Disease stage 4A which is the aggressive one. (Click to read my history)
2.)       At 17- Thyroid Cancer
3.)       My stepfather, which was everything to me, passed away.
4.)       Heartbreak
Maybe you understand me a little bit more now. The first cancer changed me completely. I became a better human being because I got a second shot in life (Click here to read all about it). The second one made an impact in my life because I received the support of people that I would’ve never imagined. Now the third one, the third one I’m not sure if it changed me for better or for worse, I’m still trying to figure out. My stepfather made such an impact in my life that I would’ve never imagined him going so fast. Sometimes I feel like time is my worst enemy, because I miss him every day more and more. The fourth one added up more pressure, and when I talk about heartbreak, it goes beyond a first love. When I talk about it I’m not referring to the classic heartbreak caused by the ending of a relationship but to multiple factors. Nevertheless the main sources that caused it ended up being the same, things that didn’t went as I thought they would’ve. For an example losing my stepfather, losing myself in the middle, changing thoughts on what I wanted to study and many more.
      Maybe you can get now my endlessly effort to be happy. I feel like after all that I’ve gone through I DESERVE to be happy, like my life is demanding me to be happy. I’ve read books, listened songs, searched everywhere for answers; but it took me a long time to realize that the answer that I was searching for, can’t be found because I’ve been looking in the wrong places. All this time, I’ve had the answer.
      Now I get a little more that I can’t depend on someone else’s happiness to achieve mine, that the first step to failure is pleasing everyone.  That when my plans don’t work out as I expected them, greater things are around the corner; even when they take forever to arrive. That when someone leaves your life, it is up to you to decide if their path in your story is either a blessing or a lesson, but NEVER a mistake or something to regret even though it is comparable to the loss of a loved one.
      When I look back, I’m scared that with the next life lessons that will come my way, I get numb or quit trying to be happy, but that is life. And when I get sad because I miss someone, even a feeling, I start to think of my goals, my dreams and achievements. I also like to think that even though I’m in grief, there are tons of people who have it worse than me.
Because everything that I just mentioned, today I invite you to live the rest of your life in joy. Cherish every moment you have with your parents and loved ones, because one day you won’t have them. To recognize how wonderful of a human being you are. I invite you to give to those who have less, to help the ones who need a hand and that sometimes you don’t even notice. Remember that it is fine to break down, as long as you get up ten times stronger. This is your only life, so you might as well make it count. No dream is too big and I believe that you have what it takes to become the best version of yourself possible. Don’t ever doubt your strength.
And in life is always important to stay fab!! So laugh as much as possible, because a smile is the best accessorize to have and being happy never goes out of style!

“Count your life by smiles, not tears.”